The Jamaica Defence Force Cooperative Credit Union Limited seeks to fill the position of
Job Summary: The General Manager is charged with the overall responsibility for the planning, organizing, controlling and coordinating of all human, financial, material and capital resources of the Credit Union. As the most senior member of the management team the position leads the process of interpreting the Credit Union’s policies and developing strategies for their application and implementation.
• Prudent management of all financial and other assets including investment activity, cash flow management and budgetary control.
• Attends Board Meetings and develops strategic plans for the Credit Union, inclusive of long and short-term goals and objectives for key result areas.
• Oversees the implementation of decisions taken by the Board of Directors
• Conducts studies and research on different aspects of the Credit Union’s operations.
• Submits to appropriate government officials, auditors, regulators and other external bodies, all the information required by law or as directed by the Board.
• Ensures that the organizational structure of the Credit Union is sound and efficient for the delivery of service.
• Approves employment, training, development, promotion, deployment, and termination of staff in keeping with the overall direction of the Credit Union’s rules, and adherence to the principles of succession planning.
• Co-operates closely with the Credit Committee, Supervisory Committee and other internal groups in attaining organizational goals and objectives.
Qualification and Experience:
• Masters Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting from an accredited institution.
• Professional Accounting designation.
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a similar role in a financial institution.
• Training in strategic planning, financial management, credit analysis, asset liability management and risk management.
Specific Knowledge Required:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Critical thinking, planning and organizational skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Excellent treasury management skills.
• Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
• Good conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
• Excellent customer service attitude.
• A working knowledge of the Co-operative Societies Act